[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:31:09 EDT

I did a prelim of my dogs, pet quality or not.   And because I waited to
breed, they were all OFA'd at two, and the sires were, too.   I would have been
devastated in my naiveté if I had a litter and then learned that one of the
parents was dysplatic or had bad elbows.   Enough can go wrong :-\   And asked
my
pet buyers to do it, too.   Not all did, but enough to judge what I was
producing in my few litters :-)
Stormy

In a message dated 7/12/07 3:07:56 PM, dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Requiring us to OFA our dogs is only smart.  St Bernard's are not xrayed at
> all, it is frowned upon, I got this from a former St breeder.  We should or
> should expect the OFA results before the pups are born.  As for the
> sterilization clause, again, isn't this just what most of us do anyway?
> Shouldn't a
> requirement such as this be welcome?

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope