[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:51:50 -0500

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:06:42 -0800, "Kathaleen Strong"
<inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>Perhaps if the GSDCA has a similar type of "Code of Ethics" in place, =
either
>in replacement of the Breeders Code of Ethics or in addition to, but a
>requirement for membership - Perhaps there would be grounds for =
expulsion
>for people like "Lane's Shepherds" and those like Mr. Hunte would think
>twice about signing the membership form.

There certainly is precedent for such a thing among other
AKC Parent Clubs. I think I've mentioned this before. I'm
a member of the English Setter Association of America.
Every year when we send in our dues renewals, we have to
sign where indicated on the renewal form stating we have
read and agree to abide by the Club Code of Ethics. If we
send in our renewals but do NOT sign, our renewal forms
are returned to us along with our checks. GSDCA could do
something like that. People who renew online would "sign"
the form digitally or they wouldn't be able to get through
to the screen where they renew their dues. It's just a
simple Java script thing, I believe.
=3D*=3D*=3D*=3D*
Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand!