[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics?

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:39:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2007 11:21:17 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I just went onto the ARC site to read the Rottweiler Code of Ethics.    As
> an owner/buyer I found it pretty impressive and confidence building.  Since
> I'm not a breeder (yet), I can't actually see the downside to this
> comprehensive document.  Anyone want to enlighten me?
Mary Anne.....the new proposed Breeders Code that I have presented to the
Board (several times) is a composite of many of the codes of other
breeds....some
with much stronger language than ours, some less so.
   So far, the objections to my new proposed code have been the language that
stresses using a contract that uses a PET spay/neuter/limited clause.  Also
the clause that states parents should be OFA'd before breeding.  From what I am
led to understand,  these two issues are hanging up the approval of the new
Breeders Code.  AGAIN, not to be confused with a general membership ethics
code.

Jamie