[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:36:48 +0000

I am sorry I do not know what ISU or NSA stand for so this is not much help. Anything which may be domestically affordable and likely to be available in the UK?

Frank

On 17 Jan, 2009, at 13:15, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Frank -

I suggest you seek out the ISU and/or NSA and attend one of their
conferences... these are the recognizes leaders in live action stereo
imaging. There you will see examples of both types of projection from
state-of-the-art technology, and you can confer with world class
shooters with extensive experience with both...

Eric Goldstein

--

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Frank Dernie
<Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,
I have had a few demonstrations of digital projectors, since generally I find digital convenient and get excellent prints from it. Even the most expensive 16 grand projector did not match my Pradovit with 35mm slides.
Goodness knows how it would compare with projected 6x6 slides!
Please advise where I may find anything acceptable, I am genuinely in the market but have so far found the only area where digital is clearly inferior
to film is for projection.
Frank

On 16 Jan, 2009, at 19:19, Eric Goldstein wrote:

In fact I have done many, including MF projection in mono and stereo. There is no comparison in my opinion, and that of the pros I know. The
market is moving to digital projection overwhelmingly. Your opinion
differs, but I want to make clear that on the facts, digital still
projection wins hands-down on brightness, contrast, reliability,
flexibility, ease, and production choices. Taste is an individual
preference.

I have no idea what equipment your wife encounters with her corporate PP presentations, but we are not talking old/low end projectors here,
which is typically what I have found in these situations...

Relative to cine projection, the matter is not so clear. The so- called
"2k" standard was not on par with optical projection and the motion
picture industry was unsuccessful at moving theater owners over to the
system. The new "4k" standard, by most accounts, is superior, and
holds the potential for digital conversion on a large scale if the
economics can be made viable...

Eric Goldstein

--

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:

At 12:39 PM 1/16/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:

All the shooters I know who used to produce commercial slide shows now
use digital projection because they feel it is far superior...
brightness, contrast, reliability, flexibility, ease. The national and international stereo associations with which I am familiar have for the most part switched over to digital projection for their programs
for this reason...

You clearly have not done a state-of-the-art side-by-side comparison of digital and slide projection. Slides win, hands down, in every regard
save
for convenience. My wife occasionally has to give presentations and is dismayed that she can no longer arrange for a slide projector and screen
at
most venues, forcing her to use PowerPoint, which she hates.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the