[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:53:09 -0500

At 12:39 PM 1/16/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:

>All the shooters I know who used to produce commercial slide shows now
>use digital projection because they feel it is far superior...
>brightness, contrast, reliability, flexibility, ease. The national and
>international stereo associations with which I am familiar have for
>the most part switched over to digital projection for their programs
>for this reason...

You clearly have not done a state-of-the-art side-by-side comparison of digital and slide projection. Slides win, hands down, in every regard save for convenience. My wife occasionally has to give presentations and is dismayed that she can no longer arrange for a slide projector and screen at most venues, forcing her to use PowerPoint, which she hates.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!