[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:03:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Carlos,
Clearly messing with colour balance is easy to do in software, and so one can
try the tri-X look on a picture you thought was in need of the Velvia look if
you wish, using digital.
I had not heard of anybody trying to emulate the look of different lenses in
software though, could you direct me to some information about this, I would be
most interested to investigate?

> The lenses situation is similar, good film lenses have
> different "character" and the original Sonnar is
> not the exception, digital media also tries to copy the film
> lenses character via software, however,

I quite understand, I would much rather have my grandaughter around than a
photograph of her, but usually it is not possible and I certainly prefer a
photograph over nothing if I can't have the real thing! (digital or chemical)

as the Chinese