[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:28:50 -0500

At 02:19 PM 1/16/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>In fact I have done many, including MF projection in mono and stereo.
>There is no comparison in my opinion, and that of the pros I know. The
>market is moving to digital projection overwhelmingly. Your opinion
>differs, but I want to make clear that on the facts, digital still
>projection wins hands-down on brightness, contrast, reliability,
>flexibility, ease, and production choices. Taste is an individual
>preference.
>
>I have no idea what equipment your wife encounters with her corporate
>PP presentations, but we are not talking old/low end projectors here,
>which is typically what I have found in these situations...

Eric

If you compare a high-end digital projector with some junk K-Tel slide projector, you are probably correct. Try comparing what you have available for digital projection at most convention centers or the like, say, Marriott or some similar venue, and a really good 35mm projector such as one of the later Leica models. If you REALLY find the digital projection better in anything other than convenience, then, my lad, you are sadly overdue for a CLA at your village optometrist.

In any event, I do my projection in medium format, of course. And I suppose you are going to claim that digital beats an MF chrome?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!