[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:49:00 -0800 (PST)

Frank, one of the main nature of a Velvia slide film is to be projected via an
optical projector, perhaps you could obtain a look similar to Velvia talking
about a scanned Velvia film, Velvia converted into pixels, however you don't
have ways to emulate the look about a Velvia slide projected via an optical
projector because the image is based on different physical means. If you
project a digitalized Velvia slide using a digital projector comparing the same
image with the original projected optically, they will look different because
the physical means used are different. The original will be always the chemical
slide.

About software to emulate film lenses, if you look in google you will find a
lot of people trying to emulate Holga lenses, Lomo lenses, old not coated
lenses, film lenses light fall-off effect etc.

About the other point, you are changing the discussion axis, we were talking
about the means to capture the subject and you replied about the subject
nature, these are two discussions very different.

Enjoy your digital hobby Frank

Best regards
Carlos