[rollei_list] Re: OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:09:51 -0500

Hi Marc -

In the case of MF, it depends what you mean by "bests." Brightness,
contrast, reliability, flexibility, ease and production choices...all
a big yes in the digital column. Brightness in projection is one of
the most important factors in perceived enjoyment, and digital
especially has it all over analog here. Resolution, a big no. But
resolution is typically not a great issue with projection, because as
I said earlier, few observers will be seated ortho or better...

My eyeballs? Well, I used to be one of those "golden eyed" (and golden
eared) guys who supervised post production for major media groups
because of my ability to nit pick and perceive all this stuff, but I
ain't getting any younger, Bro, if you know what I mean...

Best,

Eric