[rollei_list] OT: A Sonnar 1.5/50 72 years old

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:43:42 -0800 (PST)

We were discussing on the Zeiss Ikon Contax and the topic could be considered a
technical issue.
Eddy Smolov did a great work on my 1937 Contax II, the camera is a pleasure to
use, these are the first two scanned images taken with the not coated Sonnar
1.5/50, I regret I don't have a lens hood for the lens yet. I'm impressed for
the lens sharpness at wide f stops, I doubt my modest Epson 4490 could reflect
the sharpness I see in the optical prints; colors could be more vivid using a
lens hood, however they are acceptable, I think.

This one was taken using the lens widest f stop: 1.5 at 1/25 sec, camera hand
held, Fuji Quality II color neg:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/3198192486/

This one was taken using a wide f stop too, but smaller than 1.5 and fast
shutter speed (perhaps 1/500):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/3198191712/

Please see the images largest size

Carlos