[python] Re: Pythonjetrike

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:05:43 +0200

My two cents on this one is to use flat parachute chord and backpack type adjustment. Run the chord through appropriated sized and deburred slots instead of bending a chord around a bolt. The point load on the round chord is very high unless you go to a larger bolt cross-section.

regards,
Ron

Have you considered wire rope witha thimble end at the attachment point? It is low cost and easily obtainable at hardware stores. Another option would be hardened steel wire such as clothes line wire or the wire used in vineyards for trellis construction.