[pure-silver] Re: (slightly OT) Bronica RF 645 and flash

  • From: Graham Hughes <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:33:28 -0800

Breukel, C. (HKG) wrote:

It's a bit quit on the list: Since this summer I have this Bronica RF 645 kit with
3 lenses, with which I am quite pleased. The optics are very nice, and working with
this camera is a pleasure, I have now made quite a few tack sharp B&W prints
with very nice tonality. (it is a shame that the system is not produced anymore,
the brand Bronica seems to be completly down now)

There is a dedicted small flash, the RF20, which I do not have. (It's supposed to be quite nice, albeit not that strong). Anyway I have spend enough money for the time beeing, so I'll pass on this item at the moment.

It should be noted that one of the complications of the RF 645's vertical orientation is that most flashes, which presume horizontal orientation, need to be set to a very wide mode to get enough coverage; this was the official reason for the existence of the RF20, as I recall.

Graham