[pure-silver] Re: (slightly OT) Bronica RF 645 and flash

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:48:38 +0100

Hi,

Some last remarks and FYI:

I digged up my voltage measurements of the various flash units I use (more
serious/higher than I thought..):

Chinese (obscure) Yin-Yan tiny 35mm flash unit: 265 volts (the same nasty
behaviour as Georges chinese flash unit).

Metz 60 CT-2: 25 volts (probably ok for safe use)

Olympus Auto Quick 310: 235 volt (pretty high, but the Olympus OM2 still
functions ok)

Bowens Monolite 400: 175 volts (so that's why my fingertips "tinkle" when I
touch my all metal Calumet C400..;-)..)

It seems that 6 volts is the preffered voltage, upto 30 is probably ok: data
from the Paramountcord website: is not in the air anymore, but can be found
back through the Way Back Maschine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041010003839/www.paramountcords.com/vp.htm

(and for those using digicams.
.http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html..)

So the Metz is ok for my Bronica RF, the studioflash isn't, but the RF isn't a
good studio camera, for that I use my Bronica SQA, which can take this high
voltage (until now...)

Probably much more than you wanted to know..;-)..

Best,

Cor