[pure-silver] (slightly OT) Bronica RF 645 and flash

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:43:01 +0100

Hi,

It's a bit quit on the list: Since this summer I have this Bronica RF 645 kit
with 3 lenses, with which I am quite pleased. The optics are very nice, and
working with this camera is a pleasure, I have now made quite a few tack sharp
B&W prints with very nice tonality. (it is a shame that the system is not
produced anymore, the brand Bronica seems to be completly down now)

There is a dedicted small flash, the RF20, which I do not have. (It's supposed
to be quite nice, albeit not that strong). Anyway I have spend enough money for
the time beeing, so I'll pass on this item at the moment.

That brings me to my question: I read on USENET that older flash units put out
a considerable voltage (I can confirm that: when I hook up my ancient Bowens
Monolite 400 studio flash set to my 4*5 studiocamera the whole metal camera is
under voltage of I believe 35 volts, I measured it once..). And this higher
voltages can (?) fry your electronics of your camera.

I also have an old MetZ 65CT flash unit (with the separate bulky battery),
should I worry about attcahing it to the RF 645, Would/could this flash unit
damage the camera electronics?

Thanks,

Best,

Cor