[pure-silver] Re: (slightly OT) Bronica RF 645 and flash

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:43:20 -0500

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 05:43, Breukel, C. (HKG) wrote:

> That brings me to my question: I read on USENET that older flash units put
> out a considerable voltage (I can confirm that: when I hook up my ancient
> Bowens Monolite 400 studio flash set to my 4*5 studiocamera the whole metal
> camera is under voltage of I believe 35 volts, I measured it once..). And
> this higher voltages can (?) fry your electronics of your camera.
>
> I also have an old MetZ 65CT flash unit (with the separate bulky battery),
> should I worry about attcahing it to the RF 645, Would/could this flash
> unit damage the camera electronics?

        I'm assuming you mean either a Metz 60 or a 45? Go to the Metz website
they
have a list of safe serial numbers. Older ones put out high voltage. If it
turns out your flash is a high voltage model you've got choices. Something
like Wein flash sync. It's something like that. Or Metz used to upgrade
flashes if you sent them in. I don't know what they charge or if they still
do it but if you check with Metz support they can help you.

        Nick