[pure-silver] Re: finding a new paper

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:52:31 -0600

I would like to try Kentmere. Today I am trying Forte Warmtone with Agfa Neutol WA, and I really like it. I didn't like the neutral Forte with this developer, though. It had that greenish cast, which could probably be eliminated with selenium, but why bother if you can prevent it in the first place.

I think Forte Warmtone may turn out to be my new paper when all the Agfa is gone.

--shannon

On Friday 17 February 2006 18:17, Shannon Stoney wrote:
 Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am trying to find a
 paper that substitutes for Agfa multigrade FB.  Today I tried Forte
 polygrade FB, but so far I don't really like it.  Maybe I need to try
 different dialings on the color head, but the images look sort of
 flat to me, with poor separation in the highlights.  If I try for
 more contrast, they get too dark in the shadows.  Also it has an
 unpleasant greenish cast to me.  I am still using my old Agfa neutol
 WA paper developer.  Could that be the problem?

 I guess my next attempt will be with Ilford.  Ilford paper, Ilford
 developer.

 Is there any consensus about what paper is closest to Agfa in scale?
 I like the Agfa developer and some people say that somebody bought
 the right to keep making it, but I am willing to switch.

Some people were claiming Kentmere. I don't know I've got enough paper for
quite awhile right now. Freestyle sells Kentmere both under the Kentmere
label and under a Freestyle label.

Nick