[pure-silver] Re: finding a new paper

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:35:08 +0100

Nick Zentena a écrit :

On Friday 17 February 2006 18:17, Shannon Stoney wrote:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am trying to find a
paper that substitutes for Agfa multigrade FB.  Today I tried Forte
polygrade FB, but so far I don't really like it.  Maybe I need to try
different dialings on the color head, but the images look sort of
flat to me, with poor separation in the highlights.  If I try for
more contrast, they get too dark in the shadows.  Also it has an
unpleasant greenish cast to me.  I am still using my old Agfa neutol
WA paper developer.  Could that be the problem?

I guess my next attempt will be with Ilford.  Ilford paper, Ilford
developer.

Is there any consensus about what paper is closest to Agfa in scale?
I like the Agfa developer and some people say that somebody bought
the right to keep making it, but I am willing to switch.

Some people were claiming Kentmere. I don't know I've got enough paper for quite awhile right now. Freestyle sells Kentmere both under the Kentmere label and under a Freestyle label.

Nick

Hi !
I've read a statement by Foma that they will shortly sell an FB paper closelly matched to Agfa's FB.
I think they can do it if they want because their production is quite fine, althout I find it too warm to my taste (and it is on a slyghtly cream base so it add to the warmth).
I currently use Foma paer with a very cold paper dev, and it is really good. I would be delighted if I can turn the creamy base white !
Have a nice day !
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière