[pure-silver] Re: finding a new paper

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:34:24 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:21 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: finding a new paper

Did you verify that it was fresh? By using the date code on the box or ? I
would try that only if I had just printed from the same lot number and it
was a recent purchase. They would need to verify lot number before shipping
and must accept a return on their dime if fogged. Or they sold it for an
unbelievably cheap price.

Maybe you are just more adventurous than I : )

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301
http://ericneilsenphotography.com

I've had pretty good luck with _very_ old Agfa paper but the recent stuff may be different. Ryuji Suzuki probably knows what changes have had to be made in emulsions that would shorten their shelf lives, I know only that it seems to be the case. I have some Agfa and Kodak papers which are getting on toward 15 or more years old that seem to print perfectly, or maybe slightly low contrast. These are graded fiber base papers.

---