[pure-silver] Re: What is a "project"?

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:41:35 +1100

> Do most of you create work within 'projects'?

Jeffrey, for years I would basically have my camera with me
more often than not, and if I saw something interesting  I
would take it out and freeze the moment.
My thoughts about this method of seemingly random image
acquisition changed after I went on a photo shoot with a
friend who became obviously bored.  Afterwards he said that
next time we went shooting, he wanted to go with a 'mission'
in mind.  This small revelation for me actually sparked a
renewed fervour for my photographic endeavours!

The simple act of having an (albeit maleable) end goal for a
shoot gives my sessions a sense of purpose.  Now I am "goal
orientated" as well as "process or journey orientated" in my
methods.  This gives me a buzz during the journey AND at the
end when I admire my finished product.

regards
Peter Badcock