[pure-silver] Re: What is a "project"?

  • From: David Swinnard <davidswinnard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:09:11 -0800

-->> snipped...

...Do most of you create work within 'projects'?

...Am I in the minority by virtue of not planning out my photo outings?

<---end snip

Jeffrey, if you're in the minority, then I'm there with you.

On occasion I have gone out purposely to shoot to a "theme" but most of
the time I'm either just out with a camera of some sort, or on vacation
with a camera, or out, in some form, wishing I had a camera.

Recent (last year or so...) discussion with local photographers, some
"gallery" folks, others not, has me wondering whether I should embark on
the "project" route.

Am I missing something (fresh challenges, gallery opportunities, ???) by
not shooting "projects"?  I don't know, but I am looking forward to
reading what others have to say about this.

Dave