[pure-silver] Re: Toning Question

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 20:24:45 -0500

Justa reminder.....if you do any toning that involves bleaching and toning like the normal sepia methods it is recommended that you fix and harden the prints afterwards.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Per Ohstrom" <ohstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx Date: 2005/10/31 må PM 10:02:26 GMT+01:00

It would be best to place the print in a stop bath of sodium sulfite after toning as it will continue to tone as it washes.

You could also use a strong bath of HCA.

This holds true for Kodak Brown Toner as well.

regards,
ann clancy\