[pure-silver] Re: Hamster was (Glass versus Plastic containers)

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:35:18 -0500

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 08:21, Chuck . wrote:
> For chemicals I've been mixing my own almost
>
> >totally for awhile. Other then print developer,sistan,photo-flo and RA-4 I
> >mix my
> >own. I could mix everything but sistan if I had to.

> I am interested in doing this but feel that I need more basic knowledge to
> start.
>
> Can anybody recommend a good book on mixing photo chemicals to get me
> started in the right direction?

        The Darkroom cookbook I guess is a good start. I'd also suggest Jack's
Chemistry website.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0240804236/102-8318371-4041702?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance

http://www.jackspcs.com/

 Mostly it's pretty simple stuff. You'll want to read any safety warnings on
the various chemicals but common sense is a great saviour.

        Nick