[pure-silver] Re: Hamster was (Glass versus Plastic containers)

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:29:34 -0400

On Saturday 29 October 2005 09:16, DarkroomMagic wrote:
> How is Ilford etc going to survive if people stock up on their ÂdeadÂ
> favorites to last them for the next 10 years? Who are they going to sell to
> over the next 10 years? Are we killing the companies who commit to the B&W
> market by stocking up now?
>
> WouldnÂt we be better off to be more flexible, look forward and make sure
> this business has a future?

        If you look at Ilfords suggestions for annual/semi-annual runs of ULF
film.
At similar ideas for 220 film. Plus who knows what in the future. I think we
all have to learn things like stock rotation. How to keep things for long
periods. How to figure out how much to order not for the next week but until
the next uncertain future production run.

        Nick