[pure-silver] Re: Hamster was (Glass versus Plastic containers)

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:13:25 +0100

Peter

Please don¹t get angry, I meant no harm or personal attack. It is just that
the first sentence of your original note caught my attention. Here it is
again:

?I have recently purchased enough AGFA chemistry to last me at least 10
years at my current rate of consumption.¹

From this I concluded that you wouldn¹t be buying any chemicals (or at least
a certain type) for the next ten years; not to far of a stretch, I hope.
Anyway, your statement just worried me, because if many people start to
hamster product, because its manufacturer went out of business, then the
remaining manufacturers can¹t sell their products, which in turn might cause
more products to be lost.

This market is shrinking; the industry must follow. It is a good thing that
some products go; that will create opportunity for the rest to survive. We
must look forward and support tomorrow¹s products, not hang on to
yesterday¹s favorites.

By the way, we should all write to Ilford and ask them to replace Sistan
with an equivalent product.
(Or did everybody stock up, and they can save themselves the trouble? Hope
not.)

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com