[pure-silver] Re: Toning Question

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:01:43 -0500

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:44:17PM +0100, Per Ohstrom wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Nice photo! I would use Agfa Viradon to make it more brownish and warmer
> and, at the same time, archival. I'm not sure it's the exact tone you are
> looking for, but if my monitor isn't all wrong it might be close.
>
> My pspe contribution was Ilford MG IV FB toned 90 secs in Viradon 1+24. If
> that is too brown, maybe 60 seconds or less would be what you want?

    Thanks Per. I am going to see what my local shop has in terms of toner.
I'll simply experiment.

    One question though, does the toner stop working quickly after it's been
rinsed off, or do it keep working for a while after? I want know how quickly I
have to chuck the paper in the sink for.

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca