[pure-silver] Re: Self Critiism (WAS Is anyone out there???)

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 00:16:37 -0700

I think writing and photography are at opposite ends of the creative
spectrum. Writing uses language made up of symbols we use to express are
self. Photography is an image based expression which lacks the language used
in writing. Photography reflects my response to visual stimulation shaded by
my emotions. Criticism is the expression of language which is at the
opposite end of the spectrum.  Photographs either grab me or they don't, if
I'm think about "does it, or not" it's probable a not. So for me the "grab"
is a serendipitous moment that's connected to the moment that motivates me
to pick up the camera. If this is sustained by the print there is a
validation of my vision, and a sense of satisfaction.

Jonathan Ayers  [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]