[pure-silver] Re: Self Critiism (WAS Is anyone out there???)

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:11:38 -0400

2009/5/12 Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> GEE  That is very helpful and maybe discouraging!

   Well, I'm partially kidding. ;-)

   Generally, I really like shots when I see them as negatives. Then after
trying to print the &$#@! thing, I start to hate it more and more..

   But once the print is done, and displayed I go back to it a few weeks
later and if I like it, it's good. If I don't, it isn't.

   But time is the best way to decide. I find my emotions regarding a print
are at their highest right after it comes out of the fixer.. be it at the
film stage or the print stage.

   The other thing you can do is after a few weeks, compare it to your
portfolio. Where does it fit in ?