[pure-silver] Re: AW: Re: toxicity

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 23:56:23 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: Eric Nelson
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:47 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: AW: Re: toxicity

i'm not worried about it or anything in my apothecary, but was just surprised at the labeling. i have the book "overexposure" which is OK, but does make just about everything seem highly toxic.

Its been a very long time since this came up in some list or other but I believe book above, at least the first edition, was the subject of serious criticism for being inaccuate and making mountains out of molehills to say the least. If its what I remember its aimed mostly at artists who are worried that their paint or othrer material will put them in an early grave (which is possible but not too likely). BTW, I am always a bit amused by detective stories that are based on some photographer having an ample supply of cyanide. While there _are_ uses for cyanide in photography about the only places one used to find it were newspaper printing plants using the old method of making half-tone plates. Jean-David Beyer is the expert on this ancient process.