[pure-silver] Re: Cable Releases

  • From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:34:10 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Cable Releases

I'm in the market for a new mechanical cable release. I see they come in three flavors-metal, vinyl, and cloth covered. What do you use? Are there advantages/disadvantages to the different materials?

They all seem to work. The key is to get a well-made one. The price is usually a good indicator.

I splurged and bought Nikon's (AR-1 I think); I am a Nikon shooter but this is a standard release and will work on other cameras that use one. It's very well made and it was an excellent purchase.

Jim