[pure-silver] Re: Five year old paper?

  • From: Philippe Gauthier <pgauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:22:25 -0500

Richard Knoppow a écrit :

As far as buying very old paper I would do it only if its _very_ cheap.

I did last year and got relatively lucky. I got a huge pile of old paper for the equivalent of two US dollars. Most of the stuff was obviously much too old - for instance, some 1964 vintage Kodak Panalure, but I was lucky enough to find a box of 8x10 Ilford MG IV RC and 5x7 Ilford MG IV RC cooltone in perfect condition. There was also a package of 10 to 15 years old Seagull Oriental that turned out to be quite good, but recent looking Kodak Polycontrast IV turned out to be severely fogged - I could almost use the test strips as grey cards!

Now, if I buy some of this paper and find out that there is some minor fog, how much potassium bromide should I add to my developer? Can you give me a starting point in grams per liter?

PG