[pure-silver] Re: Five year old paper?

  • From: Philippe Gauthier <pgauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:48:03 -0500

Richard Knoppow a écrit :

For Potassium bromide I would test with the equivalent of about 5 grams per liter in the _stock_ solution. Dektol and similar developers have around 2 grams per liter as they come. One can increase the amount in the stock to as much as 20 grams per liter although development time will be slowed. I give the equivalent for stock since I don't know how much you dilute.

Benzotriazole will tend to shift the paper color toward blue, Bromide toward yellow or brown.

Thanks, I'll try to add 2 to 8 grams of KBr per liter in the final solution if the need arises. I usually prefer warm to cool prints, but I think that I should stock on Benzotriazole, I can thank of a few instances where a blueish tone would be welcome.

PG