[pure-silver] Five year old paper?

  • From: Philippe Gauthier <pgauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:00:40 -0500

I am offered a lot of FB paper for a low price, but I don't want to waste my money on fogged paper. This paper is about 5-6 years old and no special care was taken for its preservation, like freezing it or keeping it in a fridge, except that it was kept outside the darkroom. The brands are Ilford, Agfa, Oriental, Forte and perhaps some others, mostly VC, FB paper. What are the brands that are most likely to be fogged and those that are most likely to be still good? How long can I expect to keep the papers that are still good?

Philippe Gauthier