[pure-silver] Re: another toning question

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:39:11 -0600

I am pretty sure that he uses Ilford Multigrade, but that may have changed.
Toning will vary greatly depending on paper used, so if you are trying to
match a tone, it is best to start will apples to apples. Selenium toning
first will help keep your blacks black. Remember to use a short selenium
bath however as it will start to bleach the highligts of the very silver
that you want to tone later with the sepia or other bleach and toners.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301