[pure-silver] SV: Five year old paper?

  • From: Ole Finn Tjugen <oftjugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:30:24 +0100 (CET)

I have had old paper lying about the house through two moves and several
longish periods of not printing. The oldest paper was a pack of Agfa Brovira
from 1975, which was fogged but usable last year. All Kodak paper was totally
gone, sensitivity zero!
Newer Agfa papers (MCC) was badly fogged and totally unusable. A pack of Ilford
Ilfospeed III G3 was still good - the highlights were softer, but the shadows
were still as they should be. I'm keeping that for when I need dark shadows and
very soft highlights (snow scenes?).

My last pack of Oriental Seagull FB G2, 10 years old, was still good. So good
that I used it all up. Ilford MG (both III and IV, FB and RC) also did well and
is as good as new.

If the paper is 5-6 years old, I would give an offer based on the Oriental and
Ilford papers and take the others as a bonus if they should happen to be usable.

Ole Tjugen