[pure-silver] Re: Five year old paper?

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:24:01 -0000

Papers vary hugely in my experience Phillippe. I never buy old papers but
sometimes when my freezers are full paper has to sit on the shelf! ( I keep
many different papers, which can produce problems). Some papers lose their
edge in as little as 6 months. Some last way longer. VC papers can often be
used beyond their 'fresh' date by using a higher filtration, as they lose
contrast with age. Pot Brom in the developer can revitalise some older
papers too. A lot depends on storage conditions and on how fresh they were
when bought in the 1st place (I have sent back occasional 'fresh' papers
that clearly were not). Don't offer too much and be prepared to 'play' with
them. Sometimes these papers are great for bleach & redevelopment - or for
Lith printing
Tim

http://www.worldbookoflithprinting.com