[pure-silver] Re: Cable Releases

  • From: "Scott Hamming" <Scott.Hamming@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:50:49 -0600

I'll second Jim's input regarding pricing.  The cheap ones won't last
through a day of shooting, and cause no end of headaches.  Seems to me
the real quality issue is how the chord is connected to the ends
(pressure points) rather than the chord's cover.  The cheap ones will
push themselves apart.

Scott

<They all seem to work.  The key is to get a well-made one.  The price
is
<usually a good indicator.
<
<I splurged and bought Nikon's (AR-1 I think); I am a Nikon shooter but
this
<is a standard release and will work on other cameras that use one.
It's
<very well made and it was an excellent purchase.
<
<Jim