[pure-silver] Re: Cable Releases

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:18:10 +0100

Ben

As others already mentioned, they all work. Let me add a little advise and
test, however. I've seen cable releases from 10 to 40 inches. The shorter
they are, the less likely they are to dampen the release shake. I switched
to 40-inch, plastic covered cable releases years ago, never had a problem
since.

Also, there is a little quality test for mechanical cable releases. Tie a
simple, lose knot into it; not very hard, of course, but the knot should be
no more than 1 inch in diameter. In this condition, a high-quality cable
release will still work and return back to its original position without
external help.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht