[pure-silver] Re: Cable Releases

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:29:53 -0800

I prefer very flexible, moderately long, cloth covered cable releases with a pop up disk lock. Recently, I found one that I like very much at Badger Graphic Sales. By memory, it says "mimosa" on it. (All my photo stuff is packed for a trip. I can check later.) They come in various lengths, and they aren't expensive.

Avoid the vinyl covered ones, as they're too stiff, and I've had the sleeve come off of the fittings.

Btw., with regards to losing things, you might do what I do. Get some very bright reflective tape, bright yellow, orange or whatever. Put a piece or two of it on anything that might get lost. I put some on all cable releases, lens caps (both sides!), meters, tripods, bellows......