-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 20:32:57 -0400

Beverly,
    My bad!  I completely forgot that you're running Windows 98 and not XP.
There is no such thing as appwiz.cpl in Win98, so there was no chance for
that 'shortcut' to work.  So, you'll need to open up the Add/Remove Programs
applet by first going into Control Panel, just as you suggested.  I also
have to note that the screenshots you sent me on this reply are for the
Folder Options, which is different than Add/Remove Programs.  If you went in
there hoping to make the association tweaks I meanted as a possibility,
we're not uquite ready for that just yet (if those adjustments are actually
necessary, we'll be looking to make them from within Firefox rather than
through the folder options applet).  for now, I only want you to uninstall
Quicktime to see how the rest of the system recovers from its 'soon to be'
former influence.        :O)