-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 23:15:54 -0400

Beverly,
    I completely understand your frustration with this, but we should be
almost finished.  Computers need to be much more 'user friendly' than they
are, even though they've been 'improving' them for almost 30 years now.  Am
I correct in assuming that it was the large 42MB file you unzipped &
installed?  If so, you won't need the server address right now and you can
continue with the next set of directions.

    Ok, head back into that "Manage" area (from within Firefox, go to Tools
 > Options > Content > Manage) and look for the listing that's related to swf
files.  Double click on it to bring up its own option window.  You can also
click on it once and then click on the "Change Action" button at the bottom.
When the new window opens, see if 'Shockwave Flash' is listed as an option
in the "Use this plugin" field.  You may have to click on a small arrow to
see it.  If it IS there, select it and click OK until all option windows are
closed.  If it's NOT there, see if 'ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash' is listed
in the 'Open them with the default application' field.  If it's there, click
on the little circle next to it and then OK your way out of there.  With a
little luck, restarting the browser (close and then reopen it) should get
them working again.             :O)