-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick Time

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:24:26 -0400

Beverly,
    Ok, since QuickTime took over so many other multimedia responsibilities
when it was installed, I'd like to try resetting those associations so that
these files belong to another multimedia program.  The first step is to open
up QuickTime and meander through its settings/options/preferences in search
of the page that controls these file associations.  It'll most likely
contain a bunch of check boxes and you'll need to uncheck a few.  Since I
don't have QuickTime installed, it may be best for you to see if you can
locate that particular settings window and then send me a screenshot of it
so I can see what you're looking at.

    I do realize that this is a lot of work for you, but just think of the
education you're getting.        :O)

Peace,
Gman