-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Documents

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:18:15 -0500

Sandi,
    Excellent!!!  Here's what you need to do to get these things ready for
the next time you have your card making app running.  I will strongly
suggest that you create a folder on your desktop (or somewhere else you can
remember & get to easily) and then move all of these files into that folder
so it's easy to keep everything together.  Once the card app is up & running
again, you can go back into this folder and open each one to identify,
rename and then relocate them.

Follow my previous directions, but when you come to the part where you use
an app to look inside them, instead give each file a .GZ extension.  You can
do this by right clicking on the file and choosing Rename from the menu.
You can accomplish the same thing by clicking on the name once, waiting
about a second and then clicking on it again.  The first click selects the
file while the second click gets it ready for renaming.  Either way, you
should first shorten the name (as suggested in my previous reply) and then
add ".gz" at the end of it.  Newer versions of WinZip know how to handle
these files.  When you're done renaming, click somewhere else to set it.
Then, double click on the file and WinZip will open.  After getting rid of
the nag screen, you'll be asked to supply an extension for the file inside.
I was able to get it to decompress the file by using '.txt', but you might
want to try the extension you think it should be (fgc, cgc or hcr).  Since
the program is not properly installed right now, you won't be able to open
them, but they will now be in a format that can be recognized by the app
once it's reinstalled and working properly.

Any questions?

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"