-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Documents

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:07:34 -0500

Sandi,
    Well, not only did you fully succeed in zipping up the file and sending
it to me, my magnifying glass tells me that the file inside is still intact.
In other words, it will not take too much effort to return it back to what
it's supposed to be.  I expect that news will make you a rather Happy
Camper.       :O)

    The first file (_2B9AA9E04E984BE8858EAD60509F92A7) initially comes up as
a "UNIX GZip" type file.  This type of file is very similar to a Zip file in
that it is a type of container for compressed files inside it.  In other
words, the Zip file you sent me had the weird file inside it.  The weird
file, in turn, has one of your cards inside it (but the card is named
"Untitledo").  So, it seems to me that SOMETHING decided to compress all of
these files and gave them weird names.

    Before I move onto the 'fix' for this situation, I want to make sure you
understand what I'm telling you so far.

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"