-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Documents

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:02:11 -0600

What a fantastic memory you have?  Or filing system?
I guess it was about that time that I was having problems sending emails
with attachments, uninstalled Norton and installed AVG.  Also had a problem
with the Security Center and had to fix that.  I did not notice this weird
stuff in My Documents though until my Greeting card program went bad and I
uninstalled it and tried to re-install and started getting the Error 1335
saying the cabinet file 'Wizards.cab' is corrupt.  I think I would have
noticed earlier because I went through the My Documents folder and organized
it a little better before moving the folder.  I was also working on fonts
about that time too.
I never thought about the possibility of there not being something there
before.  Maybe not.  I just went looking again and there are probably 50 of
these unidentifiable--just a number and letter file such as
this _0F72D09AED1B45DABBE7E61480C65C46
I went to properties of one of them and copied and pasted the above.
Properties show only that number and no extension.
File sizes vary from 15.04 MB to 2.81KB!  I just don't know what to make of
all this.  I also looked in my card sent folder and there are a lot in there
I cannot open. They are still identified but they just won't open.  Most of
those I can relate back to Greeting Card Factory version 5 that I had to
uninstall.
The loss of all those copied cards is not terribly significant.  It was just
a way to be sure I did not send the same one year after year.
It may be significant if I have lost other saved material that I cannot
identify.
The files in my sent folder that will not open are type FGC.
Sandi