[opendtv] Re: Redefining anamorphic

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:06:35 -0700

I know not about extensions using MPEG-2 reserved values.  I do know of ATSC
and SCTE constraints on MPEG-2 video, and if that's the best you have, it
appears to me that all ATSC- or SCTE-compliant encoders are also MPEG-2
complaint.

Did I misunderstand something in the specifications, or did I misunderstand
the point you were trying to make?

I also note that Harris Corporation (NetVx) and others are putting forth
encoders with multiple outputs where one output can be ATSC-compliant,
another DVB-compliant, etc.  Seems that would suffice, no?  (These things
are hot, and not just because Harris has announced they will stop supporting
older encoders in the near future.)

John Willkie