[opendtv] Re: Redefining anamorphic

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:37:53 -0800

Ron;

That's possible, but for it to be the case, you would still need an
(effectively complementary) pair of lenses.

Nor am I an expert on telecines, but I believe that the last one with a lens
was made in the late 1980's.  Flying spot scanners and similar technology
are the case these days.  The ones I have looked into need no lenses and can
switch formats quite easily.  Some even read the codes in the side of the
frames, and scan multiple frames at the same time.

Of course there are telecine experts on this list.  I'd almost be willing to
bet that Cliff has one at his house, but most likely, it has a field lens.

John Willkie