[opendtv] Re: PR: Majority of New HDTVs Powered By ATI

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:18:41 -0600

Dale Kelly wrote:

> Craig wrote:
>
>>I would even go so far as to speculate that the ATSC tuner
>>will NEVER be used in many of these sets, so it is largely irrelevant
>>how well it works.
>

> A self fullfiling prophesy.
> They won't perform satisfactorily therefore many set owners will (can) not
> use them, regardless of what attractive programing packages might be offered
> by OTA broadcasters in the future.

This is absurd. Lots of people already have DTV sets ... they
work fine, 5th gen or not. It's time to put to rest the expereinces
of a very few people in few blue cities. Most of the USA
is red, very red ... and in most of those places DTV
just works. It certainly just works around here ... as
long as there is enough transmitter power.

Doug McDonald