[opendtv] Re: PR: Majority of New HDTVs Powered By ATI

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:40:04 -0800

That's another absurd statement, Craig.

Half the viewing of the "500-channel" cable universe is of over the air
channels.  Oh, your "hang-out" is that this not OTA viewing.  So, f----
what?  People do not watch technology, they watch content, and half the
viewing of cable systems if of 5-6 OTA channels.

The rest of the market watches OTA exclusively.

Broadcast has more than half of the viewership.

It's time for you to move on from this absurd "I'll take any idiotic
position if I can use it to attack broadcasting and broadcasters" stance.

You think that cable competes with broadcasting.  Another absurdity, at
least until cable starts to produce watchable programming.  It's like saying
that a paving contractor competes with car makers like Toyota, and that
should team up and compete with petrol marketers.