[opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:15:46 -0800

It seems clear that the earth's climatic condition is cyclic and per Doug,
we are unable to develop even short-term models to predict, or understand,
this dynamic. However, assuming that increasing atmospheric CO2, regardless
it's source, has a climatic warming effect, we don't actually know what
amount of warming (or cooling) might be more than we can survive.

Therefore, we shouldn't ignore, as irrelevant, the human activity induced
CO2 sources*. As small as they may or may not be, relative to the big
picture, it is the only source that we have any ability to control. If we
learn someday that the human sources were insignificant, we can live with
that, but if it is significant and ignored, we may not live at all.

* This includes the deforestation of the planet, which in itself has a
doubly negative impact on the earth?s ecology by reducing its ability to
convert CO2 into oxygen.

Oh, and thanks Doug for the ergodic concept, though I can't actually predict
how I may use it in the future....