[muglo] Re: word. 5.0/5.1 on Mac Os 9

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:01:27 -0500

I still use word 5.1 in MAc OS 9.1 with no problems.... until I come
to print... although I can print most things just fine, pages with
specially formatted text (such as bibliographies) don;t come out well
at all. I have since switched to the emate for printing bibliography
pages. (If you don't know what an emate is, it's a pda/laptop... that
apple stupidly discontinued along with the other newtons... really a
very good portable writing tool. It even prearranges my
bibliographies for me... a far cry from word! If apple ever brought
back the newton, that would be the only computer I would buy new from
them... meaning: newtons were the best product apple has ever made).
Anyway, I print to the imagewriter or HP Deskwriter 320, which are
both old printers. That may be why most things turn out ok.

I haven't tried importing to appleworks, as I dont use it, but i have
heard good things about it and was thinking of trying it... altho
your experiences would tend to show it wont work for transfer of 5.1
files....

I was surprised when I updated to OS 9 that word still worked. But it
doesnt work 100% as far as printing goes. Have not even tried it in
classic mode in X.
--
-------
Free yourself from auto dependence...